Under the aegis of the Jaipur Xavier Educational Association (JXEA) and St. Xavier’s Research
and Publication Cell (XRPC), the college takes all its publications forward as per the policies
laid down by JXEA and XRPC. The college has its own multidisciplinary journal titled,
IMPETUS – Xavier’s Interdisciplinary Research Journal with ISSN No.2278-0254.
The college publishes original research papers, articles, and book reviews of quality and also
papers presented at the conferences/seminars organized by the college at the national as well as
international level. The following disciplines are the key focus of our publications: Commerce,
Management, Economics, Information Technology, Political Science, English Language and
Literature, Sociology, Public Administration, Psychology, Physical Education and/or areas that
fall under the purview of the stated themes of the conferences/seminars organized by the college
from time to time.
The researcher should follow the following guidelines for submitting their research work:
1. - Research paper(s)/article(s)/book review(s)written only in English are accepted for
2. - Title of the research paper(s)/article(s)/book review(s)should be center aligned, bold with
sentence case and in font size 14 point with font type as Times New Roman.
3. - Complete details of the author(s)which includes the name of the author(s), designation,
name of the institution to which the author(s) are affiliated to at the time of publication,
postal address with pin code, email address and permanent contact number should be
given in 10 point Times New Roman Font in sentence case right aligned.
4. - A brief Abstract should be added 166aff the manuscript not exceeding 300-350 words
and 4-6 keywords given at the end of the abstract. The abstract should be in 10 point
Times New Roman and with justified alignment.
5. - The Manuscript should be typed in 12 point-Times New Roman with double space and
single column on standard A4 size paper. The length of the article should not exceed
4000 to 5000 words.
6. - The body of the research paper(s)/article(s) could be structured in a standardized form
covering the following heads in the sequence: introduction, meaning, concept, reasons for
re-searching, research gap, objectives/hypothesis, review of literature, research
methodology, findings, suggestions recommendations, conclusion(s), and referencing.
7. - All headings must be bold-faced in sentence case, left aligned with 12 point-Times
New Roman Font and sub-heading should follow the above formatting except that it
should be in 10 point font size.
8. - All the tables in the research paper(s)/article(s) should be properly labeled with title with
the table number at the top and source clearly mentioned below the table, central aligned
in 8 point Times New Roman.
9. - Citation and referencing of literatures referred to should be done with great care
following MLA/APA for all disciplines except English Language and Literature that
should strictly follow MLA latest edition.
10. - List of Tables must be given at the end of the article. The tables should be numbered in
accordance with their appearance in the text.
Content and length of manuscripts:
1. - The editor welcomes original work from researchers, provided they fall within the
scope of IMPETUS. Papers should be concise, preferably not more than 5000
words in length.
2. - Papers should contain original work that has not been published previously and is
not under consideration for publication elsewhere. Plagiarism will be strictly
3. - It is preferable for papers to be submitted electronically, as MS-WORD (2010 or
above version) attachment to the email sent to editor
mailto:email@example.com. The attachment should be named after the
author(s) and the respective discipline, e.g. Rajeev Bansal Commerce
Preparation of Manuscripts
1. - IMPETUS welcomes a variety of research paper(s)/article(s)/book review(s):
empirical studies, analytical papers and other research works.
2. - Ideally, there should be a cover page that gives the title of the manuscript, the name,
the affiliation, as well as the email and full postal addresses of the authors with
contact numbers. In case of more than one author, correspondence will be carried out
with the author named first unless otherwise specified clearly in the text of the first
mail when the paper is sent to the editorial committee for the initial sreview.
11. Material taken from external sources must be acknowledged by appropriate citation.
Citation of works referred to, should be uniform. References should ideally be following
MLA/APA (latest edition) for all disciplines except English Language and Literature that
should strictly follow MLA latest edition.